Friday, October 1, 2010

Tracking Like A Good Boy

Was feeling a lot better yesterday although by the time I finished showing properties last night I thought I would pass out so clearly I was not 100% yet.

Today feels like I am 90% recovered so I think the worst is behind me.

I had an exceptionally healthy day yesterday and tracked all my foods as per proper "Weight Watcher Plan". I have included my "tracker" for those who are really interested (although I completely understand if you are not...just posting the tracker every day for a week because I made a commitment to track and if I know I am going to have to post it each day I have to actually do it).

I am going to Kale Slaw myself to death. I had it with dinner and blended into three smoothies yesterday. I made so much Kale Slaw (which is coleslaw consistency but made with kale) that I will be eating it for a week I think.

The only place I really fell down is by not eating enough. Going by Weight Watchers points I am supposed to eat 32 points a day and I ate 13 too few. I actually believe it is important to eat all your points to prevent getting hungry and binging the next day but I really felt I ate sufficiently. I was certainly never hungry.

If you look at my tracker, check out the notes for the ingredients of my nutritional drink. You can't get much healthier than that! My Vitamix blender is wonderful!

I keep thinking I have drastically underestimated the points for my Kale Slaw salad because it has a lot of hemp oil in it, but when I break it down per serving it only works out to a couple of points for a cup. I checked it twice but think I will have to check it again. It just doesn't seem right. Healthy for sure...but two points? Seems too low. I have included the recipe for Kale Slaw at the end of this blog if anyone else wants to check it out or make it. It is a recipe from my instructor of our cooking class at the Institute of Holistic Nutrition.

Today will be a busy day but I think...wait...scratch that...I know...I can be healthy. Tonight is dinner at our neighbours. The menu is beyond my control but the quantities aren't so I will focus on portion control and track it.

Did I mention how great "CDP" who comments here is doing? She has been following the blog from Scotland and doing her own health plan and is down twenty pounds now! Way to go CDP!!!!

I know we can all be successful if we do it together. Weight Watchers is not a requirement of participation in this blog. No matter what plan you are doing there is no such thing as too much support.

Jamie says ending my blog "Be Healthy" every day is boring and I should think of a different motivational expression to end each blog. What do you think?

You have to scroll way down to see the tracker. I did actually have a mutli-vitamin but I forgot to check the box on the tracker. I didn't have dairy though (not really convinced of it's health benefits and prefer alternatives) or any whole grains (will have tomorrow). I had soy chicken which is fake chicken for dinner. I will probably have soy chicken or soy beef once a week just because we have tons of it in the freezer so I need to eat it but I am not too big of a fan of soy products other than Tempeh now either. Soy can be quite allergenic unless it is a fermented soy like Tempeh.

I think if you click on the images below you will see an enlarged image, but if want to go back to the blog use the "back" feature to go back one page. Unfortunately when you enlarge it creates a new page so when you leave it you leave the blog (unless you simply us the button to go back a screen). Will try and figure out how to better to do this for tomorrow.

Be healthy!

Alan



2 comments:

cdp said...

Thank you so much, but you are (really) my inspiration!!

Unknown said...

Thanks CDP, It works both ways though. I don't think the people who post realize how much they motivate me. You and everyone else who has ever commented are real inspiration to me :-)