Thursday, October 28, 2010

Food Snob

Sorry, I am writing this one at the very end of the day instead of the beginning of the day. Things went a little nuts today.

Yesterday evening was interesting for me. I discovered that I might be starting to get a hint of "food snob" syndrome...but not in a bad way. I am learning to appreciate good food.

We went out for dinner with our good friend Sue and her daughter Alex. We decided to go to out old haunt around the corner. Basically an old British Pub. I usually have a Burger and Sweet Potato Fries there, and even though I remembered the last time around that the Sweet Potato Fries are only "so-so" I ordered the same thing again. Not a great choice but it really doesn't bother me too much as I have been eating well and keeping my promises of not eating processed food at home and not eating out when I am alone. It was an allowable exception I think. I also doubled my exercise time today and will do so tomorrow to help "offset" things a bit.

The point though is that this is our favourite hang out and my favourite food. There was a HUGE difference this time though. What was the difference? Instead of simply mowing my way through the food with a pint of Beer, I actually paid attention to what I was eating. It didn't taste bad...it just didn't taste. It was simply.....a burger and fries.The reality is that my own food is better.

I will still go out, and I will still go to this restaurant, but I kind of like that I am becoming a food snob.

My friend Sue is as well. We have gone through similar struggles and I think we are both beginning to appreciate quality....well...I am beginning...I think she is miles ahead of me in terms of recognizing the difference between quality and take out served on a plate. Hope I catch up!

Tomorrow's blog will be later (around lunch I think) as well as I am going to weigh-in at Weight Watchers and will post after I get home. I am thinking I am down a pound which is fine with me. I really want to lose slow this time. By the time I get back to goal I want to have more stable eating habits and slow is the way to do it.

Be healthy!

Alan

No comments: