Monday, October 4, 2010

Done! Finally!

It is done. Only five minutes ago but it is done. That fricken final take home exam that I have been babbling about all week. I am handing it in three days late so I automatically lose 15% and that sucks but at least it is done.

I am actually glad I am handing it in late as I learned a lot about allergies and about BPH (which is basically an enlarged prostate condition). Perhaps that may not interest you but as an aging man it is "good to know" information. Health is all about preventing things BEFORE they occur right? If I had rushed to do it I wouldn't have learned anything.

I kind of blew it, in a way, yesterday. I stayed within my Weight Watchers allowable "points range", but it wasn't particularly healthy except for my nutrition drink. The biggest mistake I made was going to Tim Hortons at 5:00 in the morning to work on my assignment there. I got hungry and thought I would chose a healthier option of a honey n wheat bagel with peanut butter. It wasn't actually a bad choice but when I got home I realized I spent 9 points on breakfast! It didn't leave much room for the rest of the day.

Anyway, I survived and a new day has begun. We are going to a fancy smancy restaurant in Yorkville tonight as a friend is taking us. She has a $200 gift certificate for the place. We will pay any excess bill. Very excited. I will use my extra weekly points allowance tonight I think.

Be healthy!

Alan

2 comments:

Portia said...

Wow Alan..I am so proud of you for everything that you have, and continue to accomplish in all areas. You're an inspiration to all of us. You sure do deserve to enjoy your fine dining fun this evening. You look great honey! Of course you always do! Keep up the good work..Love and Light Always, Debb xo

Unknown said...

Thanks Sexy! How are things over there at the end of Canada anyway?