Tuesday, October 26, 2010

It worked!

Yesterday I had a victory. A small victory but a victory.

Jamie wanted a box of those chocolate digestive biscuits he loved so much, but I gave him two small no fat banana muffins I made and he forgot about the cookies. Yeah!

I wrote a while ago about how I felt that one builds a successful relationship by accepting a person as the person is and not trying to change them.

I really believe this is true, but if better options are presented and they choose them for themselves...then it is a win-win!

I am really happy with the food I am eating right now but I don't seem to be "losing" very fast...mostly maintaining. The most important thing though is that I seem to finally be finding the balance I have been missing.

Allowing myself healthier treats I make at home seems to be giving me the strength to avoid junk outside, and exercise helps balance out those treats.

My hope is that I can lose a pound a week until I am back to where I want to be. It will actually be better for me if I do that then if I lose faster because I am learning to "stabilize", and that will mean new habits really do become lifetime habits.

Yeah!!!!

Be healthy,

Alan

No comments: