Thursday, October 7, 2010

I think I need treats in the house to lose weight

This is a dangerous topic. I never thought I would write this.

I have said for years that I simply cannot have treats in the house.

I think I was wrong.

Actually, when I think about it, I may have experienced many of my failures in weight loss because of this. It may be why Jamie ends up eating a box of chocolate digestive cookies treats in one shot, and why I end up craving everything in sight.

I think I need to have chocolate chip cookies and ice cream and other delicious options.

There are keys to success with this though:

1) They have to have no preservatives etc, and be healthy (not necessarily low fat).
2) I have to make them myself.
3) I need to figure out the actual point value of everything I make.
4) I need to track my food. If I don't track I am going to eat way too much.

I have no time to make stuff today but I am going to soon. I need to have options so that I make healthy choices and not junk choices.

It really is a scary move for me. I hope it is the right one.

Can you tell I ate Chocolate Bars (yes plural) yesterday?

Be healthy!

Alan

No comments: