Friday, October 15, 2010

Six Months of Blogging Is Approaching

On Sunday I will have been blogging for six months and I am reflecting on how much of a difference it has made.

I have mixed feelings. From a weight perspective I am quite happy. When I started this blog I had gained back 30 of the 50 pounds I had lost. The blog has helped me to take it off and stay pretty much within ten pounds of my goal weight. That means everything to me so whether you like it or not I am going to keep on blogging.

On the health side of things I am a little more frustrated with myself. I really don't feel that much further ahead than I was six months ago. Maybe a little further ahead, but still living the same basic struggle and still caving in to delicious desires.

I have stopped bringing processed foods into the house (at least for myself) and that is definitely a step forward, but I still manage to find reasons to eat junk outside the house. Whether it be a chocolate bar here, or a burger there. There isn't too much benefit from eating well inside if I eat crap outside.

I really want to be able to get to the one year point in this blog and see that I have actually made a significant lifestyle change....soooo....that requires more commitments:

1) No eating out on my own.
2) No more chocolate bars or treats bought in stores.
3) If I really get stuck and am outside the house and starving an exception can be made but only if I buy something healthy from a health store. Even so, this has to be an absolute last resort.

I will still allow myself dinners out with friends, but I have to be out with friends...not on my own. If I am just out for dinner with Jamie I will do my best to encourage a healthy eating establishment, but will also respect the fact that I am not the only person involved in the decision making process.

I think points 1 and 2 above are going to take me a long way in the right direction.

Be healthy!

Alan

4 comments:

cdp said...

Just so you know - I have read every single blog for the past 6 months and you know how much help it has been to me!
Last night I met a freind for dinner and he is so set in his ways that he simply cannot go anywhere other than this great little burger place down in Stockbridge (near Christine's shop) that we always go to. It is all homemade (not the crap you refer to, I don't think) anyway - I had a small pepper burger and fries and left 1/2 the fries and a 1/4 of the burger, then left 1/2 the chocolate sundae. This morning I am 1 lb down on Thursday - if I eat what I like (only 1/2 the usual quantity) then this thing just may well work for me! And let me tell you - I looked freakin amazing in those jeans!!!
lol - Cx

Unknown said...

You just made my day Catherinie. By the way...you always look freakin fantastic :-)

cdp said...

:-*
(Thats apparently a "kiss" btw!)

Unknown said...

:-) Right back at ya