Monday, October 11, 2010

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE

Whether you celebrate it today or not, we here in Canada do so HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

We had the traditional dinner at my brother's last night and are having another big and traditional, but healthier, version at our place tonight. Our friends Diane and Maurizio and Albert and Naoko are coming over for dinner.

It will still be a big meal.

I am making

1) A "natural" turkey, which is almost, but not quite as good as an organic one. I wasn't going to pay $75 for an organic turkey
2) Organic Millet and Organic Cauliflower "faux" mashed potatoes
3) Organic mixed vegetable (broccoli, carrots and cauliflower)
4) Regular peas and corn we had in the freezer
5) A can of cranberry sauce we had in the cupboard
6) Turkey Gravy we had in the cupboard.
7) Homemade organic stuffing
8) Maurizio and Diane are brining an organic pie for dessert
9) Homemade Ice Cream

So, by no means low fat, and with a dash of practicality (I won't pay $75 for a turkey and I won't buy organic versions of foods we already have), but definitely healthier overall.

I hope it all turns out ok.

Enjoy Thanksgiving and try to be healthy!

Alan

2 comments:

Pamela said...

How many pounds was this $75.00 turkey?

Unknown said...

I think it was about 15 pounds