Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Getting Nervous

Sometimes this journey can be really hard. Have you  ever had times in your life where there was just too much "eating out"?

We have had a lot of that lately. I have been making much better choices than I used to but I am far from perfect and overall I think it is hard to lose weight when you eat out TOO much.

Some former B&B guests from Sweden are in the city and as much as they aren't staying with us this time (some friends are putting them up) we really wanted to see them so we went out for dinner AGAIN last night.

It was a wonderful evening and I enjoyed their company but I can tell I am not going to be "down" this week.

It looks like I will be doing an offer on a property tonight so I may not make it to Weight Watchers, but if I don't get there today I am going to do my best to go tomorrow. I want to know exactly where I stand.

When we were at dinner, my "setting" was missing a bread plate. I figured the universe was giving me a sign and decided to skip the bread...for ten minutes...then I caved and had a roll. For the entree I had something called the "I want it all" pasta. It isn't as bad as it sounds. It is pasta with all kinds of seafood in a red sauce. I also had wine but no dessert.

The ordering wasn't really the problem. The number of times I am ordering lately is.

This Saturday we are going out for dinner again but I am really looking forward to it.  I will be seeing good friends from High School days and have already figured out what I will order. I even have it pre-entered in my Weight Watchers tracker.

Sunday we will have Thanksgiving dinner at my brothers. Thanksgiving, for our family, is sort of hit and miss. We don't do it every year and it was looking like it was going to be  "miss" this year so I thought I would make a healthy version. It looks like I will be having the traditional version. It will be good to see everyone though and I do know it will be good.

Hope I can behave.

Be healthy!

Alan

No comments: