Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Chef Messed Up But All Worked Out

All things considered I did well yesterday.

We had our friends Diane and Maurizio over for lunch and I made a Potato/Bacon/Cheese Soup (not low fat I know but I made it with Skim Milk and Organic Ingredients) as a starter, and then we had boneless skinless Chicken Breasts, Beets, and an Avocado/Spinach/Strawberry salad for lunch along with a drink made in the Viatmix that contained Spinach, Bananas, Oranges, Pineapple, and Strawberries . I think lunch turned out quite well, and it left no need for dinner.

In the evening, just as a treat with tea, I made No Fat Banana Muffins from a recipe my friend Sue gave me. I completely screwed it up. She said to add 1/3 cup apple sauce. I was real proud of myself because I made the applesauce myself in the Vitamix but I didn't have my glasses on or contacts in and read the recipe to say 1 1/3 cups of apple sauce instead of 1/3 cups...oops!. The amazing thing is they turned out! The muffins felt heavier than a normal muffin but tasted delicious. Yeah!!!!!

So I survived day one of the official "make it myself" phase 2 lifestyle.

All I have to do now is do it the rest of my life. God help me LOL

Be healthy!

Alan

No comments: