Thursday, October 14, 2010

Losing For Good

Well...it was not a good weigh in last night. Up 4.6 pounds! I don't like it but it doesn't freak me out either. My whole "thing" is that I gain weight SO easily and last weekend we went through a holiday weekend. As long as I stay on track this week, and I will, I will be fine. I also know this is a lifelong change, so a week, even two weeks, is insignificant over the long haul...more starts to get dangerous.

I had a great idea regarding the processed food in my house. I have said all along that I am not going to throw out food I have already bought. I will simply refuse to buy new food that is processed.

The problem with that is I still have a reasonable amount of processed food (canned goods, boxed goods, etc.) in the house.

Weight Watcher's is running a "Lose For Good" campaign where they ask that you donate to charity the equivalent amount of food, in pounds, as the weight you have lost.

I have decided that next Wednesday I am boxing up all this excess food, taking it to the meeting, and donating it to charity.

There will still be a few processed foods in the house. There will be food for the B&B, some pop for mixed drinks if we have guess over etc, but only things I really don't touch much.

We talk about cleaning up our environment in Weight Watchers (which usually means keep the junk out of your house). I am going to make some of my own junk...healthy junk...but in terms of processed foods it is time to clean up my environment and get the processed stuff out of the house.

Be healthy!

Alan

No comments: