Thursday, July 1, 2010

Where Do I Start...

I have to admit there are days when I wake up and I don't know what I am going to blog about. Today there are a multitude of possibilities running through my head.

First and foremost though, I have to say a HUGE congratulations to Pamela who weighed in at Weight Watchers last night and has now officially lost 50 pounds! We are proud of you, but more importantly, you should be proud of yourself. What an accomplishment!

I, on the other hand, was up 1.2 pounds but I am totally ok with that. Last week I weighed in after three days of eating only raw fruits and vegetables. I was down over five pounds then but I knew some of it was artificial so I think things were just balancing out to reality this week.

After the meeting I met my old friends from Nutrition class at a local pub for Karaoke Night. To those who have heard me sing...don't worry....I didn't LOL!

I discovered a little secret last night though and that is that Nutritionists (or at least budding Nutritionists) are not always healthy! I didn't see a salad on the table all night but there were plenty of sweet potato fries, chicken wings and a burger (that was mine). Of course there was also an incredible amount of alcohol.

We had a great time but I have to say I am jealous of Lauren in our class. I don't think she drinks (at least she didn't last night) but she is so incredibly high on life. I don't think I know anyone else quite like her. Such an amazing spirit :-) I wish I had her energy and positive attitude. I think I need alcohol to even begin to touch the level of "high" she lives in daily.

I also had a bit of a shocker when I told my friend Jade in class I was old enough to be her Father. She may have just been being polite when she said "no your not", but then I asked her how old her Dad was. I am older. SHIT!!!!

Truthfully though, I like being old and young at heart. It is good to have young friends.

On to another topic...this damn picture I promised to take. I worked out with my friend Anthony today and found myself saying "why the hell did I ever say I would do this?!". He reminded me that it has motivated me to drop the weight, but also pointed out that it might have been better if I had panicked about three weeks ago instead of now.... a very good point I think.

The good news is I have inadvertently set myself up so that I cannot starve myself prior to doing it. One of the requirements in the program to become a Holistic Nutritionist is a two day Food Preparation course. Since I am not enrolled in any other courses right now I figured this would be a good time to do it so I am in cooking class tomorrow and July 16th. They told us not to eat breakfast as we will be having a large lunch. From what I can see it is a combination of Muesli, Pancakes with Jam, Manna bread, Hummus, Quinoa, and Maki Sushi Rolls. Not exactly "Ab" friendly meals but at least it makes it impossible to starve myself Friday so the pic I take will be pretty "real".

I have decided I am going to take the picture Saturday and post it Sunday for a couple of reasons:

1) Sunday is "pride day" so regardless of the pic I think it is appropriate to post an accomplishment I am proud of that day (in comparison to what my tummy used to look like I will be proud no matter how the picture looks).
2) I am going out Saturday night and want to be able to enjoy myself without worrying about a picture being taken the next day.

OK OK...reason number two is the real reason....reason number one just sounds good.

Now that I have finished writing this novel of a blog I will sign off.

HAPPY CANADA DAY!

Be healthy!

Alan

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Pamela, who I mentioned in my blog above, posted a comment on facebook.

I am reposting it here as I am hoping people will find inspiration in it. We can all do it if Pamela can!

Subject: Weight Watchers
Hi
Thanks for the congratulations. I was suprised to see my name and my accomplishments in black and white. Kind of made it real! That was really nice of you. Truly I have not stopped smiling since weigh in last night. It is a really nice feeling.

I still cannot believe I have done it - and I do have alot to go, but I look at 50 lbs. as a wonderful accomplishment. It is not easy doing this at 51 and being on a cane for the most of the 50 lbs that has gone. (I still have to be on it, but am starting to wane off of it - Thank God! and thanks to my physiotherapists who have helped me so much it is incredible) I am grateful for such wonderful people. So, if a person on a cane can do it, able bodied ones can too!

Now, for the next 50+ lbs - here we go.....

Enjoy Pride Day this weekend - sounds like it is going to be spectacular weather for it. I might be going to Niagara Falls tomorrow with some friends - will decide when I get up tomorrow!

Have a great weekend.
Pamela

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Pamela! I'm sorry I wasn't there to be part of the celebrations as well as the last meeting in that location.
Keep up the great work!