Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Scale Watching

Scale Watching is a dangerous thing. I go through phases where I do it and then I don't. This week I have been doing it and I need to stop.

I think weighing yourself twice a week is ok. As one blogger pointed out earlier this week, one official weigh-in is "required" and a second one mid-week just to make sure you are staying in check can be beneficial.

The last few days I have been weighing pretty much hourly. It's not a good idea.

I simply get myself frustrated because I can eat healthy for a day or two and my weight still goes up. I know if I stick with the plan eventually I will see a big drop so I need to learn to just trust the process.

Right now, for instance, I am two pounds above where I was at my weigh-in last Wednesday night and official weigh-in day is only a day away. It freaks me out but I also know me...and I could just as easily be two pounds below my last weigh-in when I step on the scale tomorrow.

I will simply continue to do what I am doing, but pay particular attention to the salt intake as the last thing I need to do is retain water.

I really have to trust the plan works. It is hard when you see your weight rise. Sigh :-(

Be healthy!

Alan

2 comments:

Karen said...

I think one of the most important things that you must remember is WW is a livestyle and not a diet. Try not to be so hard on yourself, you will make your goal, and enjoy your holiday at the same time. Again the name of your blog is 'Road to Nutrition and Health' and getting on the scales even daily is not healthy. Doing so will weigh heavily on you mind, and then you may fall into the trap where you think - oh well not going to lose this week so I might as well eat. You have plenty of support, and yes even eating healthy can see your weight fluctuate up. As you said trust the plan, you have seen how well it does work.Take care.

Unknown said...

Thanks Karen...especially for the reminder about the title of my blog. I am really good at forgetting what this is all REALLY about.

I am also trying to figure out my weight training vs my weight gain/loss. I have stepped up my strength training lately, and as much as I know muscle weighs more than fat it seems like an "excuse" to use it to justify weight gain.

The bottom line though it that I feel great, except for being a bit sore from working out.

At the end of the day feeling great is the most important thing. I just have to learn to remember to believe what I say :-)