Friday, July 30, 2010

"Schools Out For The Summer....School's Out Forev..."...Well...Not Really.

I think I aced my test yesterday. Yeah! Last minute cramming might not be the smartest thing to do but it seems to often work for me.

The problem is it rarely works for me food-wise. As mentioned yesterday I really feel a need to eat when I study, and if I don't eat I have trouble studying.

As much as possible I think maybe the real habit to break is waiting until the last minute to study and then cramming. If I can get myself organized enough to study early my issues would be less severe.

So...even though school has officially ended until September 13th, I am going to vow to do the following over the summer before I return:

i) My assignment that is due September 23rd.
ii) The case study that we have already received as part of a take home Final Exam. This one isn't officially due until September 30th and we don't have all the information yet to do the second case study, but I have the info I need to do the first.
iii) Understand/Memorize the information I learned yesterday in preparation for our next test.
iv) Due all of the required readings for the remainder of the course.

It is a fair bit to undertake but I have time and I can do a lot during sea days on the cruise I think.

I know you are probably getting absolutely no personal value out of today's blog and it doesn't sound like it has anything to do with health, nutrition, or weight loss but it has everything to do with it.

The bottom line is: No matter what issue we wish to overcome...to succeed we need to plan and then follow through with our plan. The second part of that sentence is the harder part.

Please hold me accountable over the summer. When I am on the cruise, ask me how my studying is going.

I will be blogging from the cruise. Maybe not every day, but I will be blogging.

I am starting to get very excited. We leave August 11th!

Be Heatlhy!

Alan

No comments: