Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Hungry Days

Have you ever had a day that was just a "hungry day"? I think I have actually had "hungry weeks"!

Yesterday was a hungry day for me. I survived it and I only ate healthy but I wanted to eat everything in sight. Thank goodness for watermelon. I ate half a watermelon yesterday.

I am going to have to pay more attention to when these hungry days/weeks actually occur as this time my hungry day followed a couple of days of eating more than usual. I suspect when I eat too much my body gets used to more food and then I have to go through a really difficult day just to get back to normal.

If this is the case then it is one more thing to think about BEFORE eating too much.

Today is weigh-in day. I think I will be "the same" or up a bit. I can understand why, given the experiences of the weekend, but it would be the second week in a row I am "up" which isn't exactly going to help we with my goal of getting to 179 pounds by August 11th.

I will behave today and whatever it is it is but I MUST make smarter choices this week regardless.

I hope you will too.

Even if you don't need to lose weight....be healthy!

Alan

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can totally relate to the 'hungry' days! And I do agree that they tend to happen after you've been over eating and are trying to get back in proper portion control. I have found that you really need to look for the 'filling foods' when this happens. I know you're avoiding carbs but a baked potato with salsa and some yogurt cheese on it (plain yogurt strained through a coffee filter becomes really thick and delicious) is low points, very healthy and will really fill you up.
Keep your eye on the prize....the self control is so worth it, keep remembering how 'Gold Medal' you felt after leaving that bun on the plate! And how big your smile is when you get those losses on the scale.
It may not be by Aug 11th, but you will get there.

Unknown said...

Hey anonymous :-) Never heard of yogurt cheese before. Will have to try it out! I was only avoiding carbs until July 4th so a baked Potato is sounding good right about now :-)

Thinking that will be with dinner tomorrow :-)

Alan

Anonymous said...

It really does make plain yogurt much better. Put the coffee filter in a strainer and place that over a bowl. Put the yogurt in it and leave it in the fridge overnight. Most of the liquid strains out and you are left with something that is as thick as regular sour cream. The flavour is a bit different but you can use it anywhere you would use sour cream and it is a much healthier choice.
See you tonight!

Unknown said...

Hmmm...I have some healthy Borscht I made a while ago and took out of the freezer yesterday. I think I am going to make the cheese yogurt tonight and put it on the Borscht tomorrow :-)