Thursday, July 29, 2010

I'M FREE!

I weighed in at Weight Watchers last night and I was down one pound but it was a very important pound. That makes me 184 pounds and that means that as long as long as I am able to weigh-in at Weight Watcher's once a month at no more than 2 pounds above this weight I never have to pay for Weight Watchers again. It is free!

The way Weight Watchers works is that you either have to reach their goal weight for your height (which is the same weight stipulated as the maximum healthy weight for your height in Canada Health Guide) or you have to reach the weight a Doctor's Note says is right for you. Once you reach that weight you have to weigh in at least once a month and not be more than two pounds above this "goal" weight or you start paying until you are back in the right range.

I have a Doctor's Note from long ago saying that 184 pounds is right for me so I qualify for "free" as of today. If you reach your goal weight for the FIRST time you have to do six weeks of "maintenance" before you are free but I have reached goal a few times so I don't have to go through that step.

I am still going to try and make the Canada Health Guide/Weight Watcher's goal weight of 179 pounds before I go on vacation. It will both be a really rewarding feeling for me and, realistically, leaves me a little wiggle room on my three week vacation.

I only have two weeks to go though and have to lose five pounds in that time. It is possible, and is only slightly above what is considered a healthy rate of weight loss, but it is going to be tough. You better believe I am going to give it all I can.

I had a really rough time battling my study/food issue yesterday. On the plus side I didn't eat unhealthy, but on the down side I didn't study much. I just can't manage to study without eating unless I am in pure crises mode. It is now 3:16 AM in the morning and I am up and ready to study. I will go to the gym AFTER class.

I am definitely in crisis mode.

Test is at 10:00AM

Think of me then and be healthy!

Alan

4 comments:

Karen said...

Congrats once again. Now that you will be on free mode at WW, perhaps you should start to place that money in a 'Cookie Jar' for a rainy day. I remember you saying something in one of your earlier blogs regarding as long as you have to pay to go to WW you would be able to stay on track. So my advise to you would be to keep paying - go out and buy yourself an inexpensive character cookie jar (second hand stores usually have some), and every Wed. put your usual WW money in the jar. Not sure what may be on your wish list, but we all seem to have something that we would like, but can not justify spending the money on ourselves to get it. So... this could be your Alan fund, to spend on something frivolous.
Take care my friend, and have another good week.

Unknown said...

Thanks for that reminder Karen. I had completely forgotten I said that. If I recall correctly I may also said that once I reached goal I would probably continue to pay WW just to keep myself accountable. If I didn't say it I certainly thought it.

One thing has changed though, and that is that I have found a new, free, way of keeping myself accountable and that s stepping on the scale once a week and recording it on this blog instead of recording it at WW. I still have to officially record at WW once a month but they let you step on the scale every week if you wish to (they just don't write your result down) so I will step on the scale every Wednesday night and report it here every Thursday Morning. That should keep me in check without paying :-).

I absolutely LOVE the idea of paying myself though. I am going to get a cookie jar out for it today. It may keep me from filling the jar with cookies too!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'm sure that you celebrated but unfortuately I had kid commitments and couldn't be there this week, although I did make sure I got there for my weigh in earlier in the day.
I love Karen's idea of continuing to put that money away and get yourself something wonderful. That is great motivation to make sure you stay on track and not get over that 2 lb mark when you have to pay again.
Mys.WW.

Unknown said...

Thanks Mys WW.

On another good news note I thin I aced my test! Getting up at 3:00AM worked but I am still sitting in class and need sleep!