Saturday, July 17, 2010

Eating Healthy Can Make You Fat!

Yesterday I took the second day of a two day course in nutritionally food preparation.

We made dinners and desserts with healthy ingredients and in a healthy way, and then, of course we ate them.

They tell you not to have breakfast because you will be eating a lot. I didn't have breakfast or dinner yesterday and even though I ate incredibly "healthy" food I still feel disgusting and bloated from it this morning.

We had things like home made Bean Patties, Cauliflower and Millet Faux Mashed Potatoes, Chocolate Chip Cookies, Chocolate Energy Balls,  Muffins, etc. etc. I went to the gym after because I felt so horrible.

Don't get me wrong, the course was amazing and I will cook a lot of this stuff again...but never all at once.

Today we have a BBQ at my brother and his girlfriends. I need to compensate bad so I am taking those 35 calorie Schnieder's Low Fat Wieners and the slim Weight Watchers Hot Dog Buns. I know I know...you aren't supposed to BBQ with this wieners because there is not enough fat in them, but I don't really care if they taste like crap.

Today is about surviving the day. I can still have fun with food that doesn't taste great. Sometimes you just do what you have to do.

I do find it kind of ironic though that I am in a position where I have to eat total processed crap at this BBQ because I ate healthy yesterday.

Oh well, have a great weekend everyone.

Be healthy (but watch your quantitites! LOL)

Alan

No comments: