Monday, July 19, 2010

Back To The Institute Of Holistic Nutrition

A couple of months ago I had to temporarily suspend my attendance at the Institute of Holistic Nutrition. I was studying to become a Registered Holistic Nutritionist although I am still unsure whether I will actually use the designation or not. At this point the courses are primarily for interest sake.

I did take a two day food preparation course but other than that I have been out of school for a while.

Well...tomorrow I begin again. I am really looking forward to it.

To be honest it is really only a short return to school though. The Institute breaks mid-course for summer holidays in August so I will only attend four days (Tuesday and Thursday for the next two weeks) and then I will be off until September.

The course I will be taking is "Nutrition Through The Life Span", so I will be learning about changing nutritional needs from birth to death. Should be interesting.

I am also looking into a really good possibility at the Ontario Natural Food Co-Op. As Bed and Breakfast Owners we may be able to register to get Natural/Organic Food wholesale as well as health supplies, protein powders etc.

I am still researching how it works. The website seems to indicate you have to be a member for a year before getting the wholesale prices but then there is also an option of getting wholesale prices if five people join together and form a "club". Anyway I will investigate, but if the "club" option is the way to go and anyone from Ontario might be interested in joining the club to get organic and natural food, beauty, protein products etc., cheaper let me know.

Feeling great again today but I think I overdid the gym thing yesterday. I did a two hour workout in the morning and then my friend Anthony and I worked out again in the afternoon so I had three hours of working out. The lower back is sore today so I need to take it easy. I am skipping the gym entirely today to allow my body to rest.

Had Tempeh and Salad for dinner yesterday. I learned how to make a great marinade for it in the food preparation course. It was delicious!

Be healthy!

Alan

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Alan,
Sorry to disappoint you, but no, I am not 'the mother of who you thought I was'! LOL....keep trying.
Vacation over, back to work and real life. Found that my 'staycation' made it easy to control my foods but the problem was that I was so busy, I didn't eat enough during the day, had a good dinner and was left with points most days. I didn't want to eat stuff just to use them up but I know that I should be at least eating my full amount each day...the measly 23 that I get!
So, we will see what it brings this Wednesday.
Did you ever try the yogurt cheese?
I have not been doing my regular exercise this past week either, but made myself get up and do it this morning. Didn't want to but as always was glad that I did.
You are so right, the exercise is really an important part of the whole journey and definitely gives you more 'wiggle room' when things don't stay on track.
Have a great day and enjoy your class tomorrow.
Mystery WW. (just so you can keep your anons straight)

Unknown said...

LOL...I am never going to figure out who you are!!! I thought I had figured it out for sure! Maybe if I figure out who it is not, one by one, I will get there :-)

Congrats on controlling your staycation but your right...it is important to try to eat all your daily points. I find that if I eat less eventually I end up having a binge attack. I can't even imagine not eating 23 points. I find my 32 hard!

I haven't tried the yogurt cheese yet. The only reaosn being that when I said I was going to make it I got in shit because I have a whole tub of low fat sour cream in the fridge I haven't eaten yet. It was a valid point though so when that is done I will definitely try the yogurt cheese.

Keep that exercise going Mystery WW! Now that you have started again there is no excuse for stopping!

Alan