Friday, July 9, 2010

SHOCKING NEWS - I MIGHT ACTUALLY BE LEARNING!

Yesterday was a first for Jamie and I. We walked out of a restaurant before dinner...and we weren't even mad!

Friends were supposed to come down for the night last night but due to completely understandable circumstances they had to cancel. This left us pondering what to do for dinner....healthy or unhealthy.

We decided to take the middle line and have a treat night out somewhere we don't normally go, and order healthy options. The Keg Mansion became the restaurant of choice.

When we got there we were sent up to the bar for half an hour and were told we could have a drink and an appetizer while waiting for a table. I had a Caesar (for those non-Canadians reading, it is kind of a Bloody Mary made with Clamato Juice) and mushroom caps, and Jamie had a Virgin Caesar and some kind of chicken bite thingy.

Usually when you move from the bar to the dining room table the bill just transfers with you but this time they asked us to pay before we left the bar. The bill was $32.00

It is not really that the price bothered us (I am real good at spending money) but it did kind of hit us that we had already spent over $30 and we hadn't even started dinner yet.

Jamie looked at me and said...do you think we should go somewhere else? That was when the amazing happened....amazing for me anyway...I looked at him and said..."are you hungry?". He said "not really", I said, "neither am I" and we went home.

Imagine that...me....listening to my body...kinda freaked me out! LOL

They say that being in control feels good...I guess they are right...whoever "they" are. :-)

Be healthy!

Alan

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you! My boyfriend and I have often gone out for dinner but know that the full meal is really too much. We will order a drink and a couple of appetizers to share and that is really enough. The Keg Mansion is amazing but I am also a huge fan of Canyon Creek...their baked potato soup is a meal on its own!
Have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

I've never been to Canyon Creek but ironically I threw out a. $10 off coupn for there this morning because it had expired. Will have to check it out!

Anonymous said...

Get it out of the trash! If you go in and try to use it, (pretend you didn't know it was expired, who really reads the fine print?) they will probably honour it because they'd rather you have a great experience and come back than be po'd by not letting you use it.

Unknown said...

Whoever you are your brilliant! Got it back!