Friday, July 2, 2010

Won The Face-Off With The Bread Roll

Had a great Canada Day yesterday!

When you work in Real Estate a day off is virtually unheard of. When clients are off you are busy showing them properties, and they all search the internet and email when they are at work so during their work time you are answering emails and running searches yourself.

Yesterday I actually had a day off! I think I only sent two work related emails. What a treat!

I also had a great day food-wise. The only challenge was at dinner. We were lazy so we went to Swiss Chalet and I ordered the "Health-Check" version of the 1/4 chicken dinner and took the skin off the chicken.

The health-check dinner advertises itself as "1/4 chicken and Salad - no roll". Of course when it arrived the roll was sitting there staring me in the face. I should have told the waitress to take it away right away but I didn't.

Jamie said the waitress was probably trying to be nice by giving it to me but they need to learn that nice is not always nice. When you specifically order the health check version it is BECAUSE you don't want to see that stuff.

So I ate my chicken and salad but the whole time that damn bread roll kept staring me in the face. I found myself thinking "it's only one", and I came sooooooo close to eating it.

I didn't eat it and spent the rest of the evening smiling like I had just won gold at the olympics.

Funny how victories like this can mean so much :-)

Off to the gym and then to cooking class today. They said we will have a big lunch there so not sure how the day will turn out but I will do my best.

Be healthy!

Alan

No comments: