Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The Party Is Over - Time For a New Goal

It was a great weekend but even a better night last night. Our good friends Sue and Ivan invited us and another good friend John over for dinner and a swim in their pool in Dundas. Sue, Ivan, John and I have recently reunited as friends after about a 30 year gap. It is amazing how well we still "click". Just like old times :-). Sue and Ivan have two daughters who are about the same age we all were when we met. Stunningly beautiful girls with great personalities. We loved them!

Dinner was absolutely delicious and quite healthy I think. The dessert was to die for...complete with home made ice cream. Sue...you outdid yourself! Perhaps I added a few extra calories between dessert and wine but it was well worth it. What a fantastic night!

Now that the party weekend and dinner party are over, however, it is time to ground myself once again. Still have a dinner out with friends, probably on Thursday, but I should be able to  manage that and still keep the week healthy (my Weight Watchers week runs from Thursday to Wednesday)

My short term goal before this weekend was to be able to walk shirtless at Pride. I did it but it now leaves me without an official goal.

So...I must set a new one.

The exciting part of setting this goal though is that I think I am close enough to the final "weight" goal to set the end prize as my "target". So...the goal is....by August 11th I will be 179 pounds and at goal!

I have about 12 pounds to go.

The timing for my goal is a little bit on the ambitious side as we are supposed to lose, on average, 1 - 2 pounds a week, which would mean that it should take at least six weeks and I am only giving myself 5 weeks.

I am doing this for two reasons:

1) When I really behave I tend to naturally lose more than two pounds a week.
2) I am going on vacation August 11th. What better motivation to behave on holidays then to have reached goal just before you leave.

Wish me luck and...be healthy!

Alan

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very ambitous goal! Goals are very important and I find do really help to keep me focussed on this journey. Right now I'm still working on getting to 25lbs. I had hoped to have it by July 1 but didn't get it, I still have 1.6 to go but its almost a good thing because it kept me on track over the long weekend instead of indulging. Good luck to you!

Unknown said...

1.6 Pounds to go to reach a total of 25 pounds is amazing! Make sure you go to a Supermarket and pick up 25 pounds of Potatoes to really appreciate your accomplishment.

Isn't it an awesome feeling to see the finish line for a goal and absolutely know you are going to reach it!

Well Done!!!!

Karen said...

I must say that I do like your comparison - it is something that I do as well. Instead of the fat pic on the fridge, I think of what a 5 - 10 or 20lb bag of potatoes looks like, that mental image does work. Keep up the good work and I am sure that you will reach your next goal.