Sunday, January 16, 2011

Too Much Wine or Bad Wine? Likely Both

I didn't blog yesterday.

I was in bed...until about 4:30pm.

That is not totally true as I had to show a property at 10:30am so I was up from about 9:30AM to 11:30AM. Then back in bed.

I think I drank bad wine Friday night. I deserved to be a little unwell the next day because I drank too much (It was my first drink of 2011 and, stupidly, I over did it).

The thing is though...my stomach still isn't right and it is two days later. That is not normal.

I had bought some Organic Wine. I had never tried this particular wine before so I made sure I served myself the Organic Wine and the guests a wine I could trust the taste of.

I took one sip of my wine and new right away it was awful.

I think the mistake I made was that I assumed the wine was awful because it was organic. I have rarely had organic wine before and thought to myself "maybe organic wine is one of those organic things that just don't taste as good". So I drank the entire bottle anyway (and about two glasses of the regular wine).  I was...drunk.

I know you are probably going to say this is "too much information" but lets just say the toilet bowl and myself became friends later in the night.

I never really got a hangover but the stomach is just jumping all over the place. The only good thing is that the scale is reading great numbers because nothing stayed in me.

I am pretty sure the wine was bad. I will now know not to assume organic wine is ok but is just "organic" if it doesn't taste right. Bad is bad.

So...I am sitting typing this and the stomach is still playing tricks but I am on the mend.

Just have to put it behind me and move forward. The good news is I have zero desire for alcohol. I think I will try to keep it that way for a while...and try to practice a little moderation next time.

Hmmm...moderation...always my biggest challenge.

Be healthy,

Alan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Try taking a gravol - that should settle your stomach down a bit.

Organic or not, I believe it if doesn't appeal to my taste buds - food or drink, it does not go into my stomach.

Hope you are feeling better soon.