Saturday, January 8, 2011

One Complete Week of New Strategy Complete

I did it!

One whole week with the new strategy! Now all I have to do is do it for the rest of my life.

I managed to combine the "Simply Filling Technique" taught at Weight Watchers with a holistic approach to nutritional eating. It worked like a charm.

To be honest I was 9 points over my point allowance for the week, but it doesn't concern me because I was also 25 points short of my activity points goal. This was because I was sick at the start of the week and didn't go to the gym, and then eased myself back into it.

So...if I had been able to exercise the way I like, I would have had an additional 25 points to play with and then I wouldn't have been over "points-wise" at all. I would actually have been 16 points under.

According to my scale I managed to lose a whopping 6.6 pounds in the seven days of doing it. Yay! This puts me back in my comfort range of "under 190 pounds" but only with clothes off. It is supposed to be my comfort range with clothes on. Hey....stop visualizing!

I am really only going to say it "officially" works when I weigh in at WW next Wednesday and can say I did an entire week while healthy....but it is looking good!

I actually didn't have bread at all this week. This surprised  me as I usually crave it, but making sure I got enough healthy whole grains seemed to take away the desire to eat bread...and that is a good thing. I really didn't think about it much.

I also had zero alcohol. That too is a good thing...but realistically...unlikely to continue.

If I had exercised normally, there still would have 16 points left over for wine, which is almost enough to allow me a bottle a week.

That is doable for me during the weight loss phase (why oh why am I STILL in the weight loss phase?) and after that I will be able to have a few more points so...bring on the wine...just not yet.

The most important thing though is that I am putting health first and weight second. I refuse to adjust my eating habits because I am going to step on a scale in the next 24 hours etc. etc. The only thing that does is start a cycle of starving and eating.

I really hope this is maintainable.

Be healthy!

Alan

2 comments:

cdp said...

That is amazing Alan! What a buzz for you!

Unknown said...

Hey Cdp! I

It does indeed make me real happy. Although I really don't think being sick affected my weight too much I am going to hold off celebrating until I weigh in next Thursday.

Being sick can throw everything off so the weight loss may be artificial.

Hope not!

Alan