Friday, January 14, 2011

The Benefit Of Not Going On Vacation

As most of you know I was supposed to have left on a Mediterranean Cruise December 28th.

Had the cruise actually happened we would have arrived back home last night.

I can't help but reflect on how different things likely are given that I didn't go.

Being at home for New Years really left me with no excuse for not re-kicking off the health regime.

Had I been on the cruise I would have done my best (and I think I would have done well) but I am pretty certain that this morning I would be sitting here typing a blog about how I need to get back on track and lose the weight I gained.

Instead, I can sit here and type about how I have actually made it to day 14 of the year with pretty near perfect healthy eating habits.

I am really happy with where I am, and as much as I love cruises, I think it is a good thing we didn't go on this one. It has ensured the year started right.

We went out for lunch with our friends Naoko and Albert yesterday. We had a great time and I ate extremely healthy. I had an organic Salmon Salad with Lentil Soup. I did allow myself one piece of bread and had one piece of Grilled Calamari and one Grilled Shrimp from the appetizer dish (it looked like it had some bread crumbs on it and was greasy so I didn't think I should eat more than one of each).

For me...going out to eat and being "good" is perhaps my best accomplishment this year. I am normally positively awful when I get to a restaurant.

Tonight we are having dinner with friends. Jamie is making Chicken Curry which I am sure will not be a "WW" approved meal, and alcohol will touch my lips for the first time this year, but I have planned for and deserve this indulgence.

Looking forward to it :-)

Be healthy!

Alan

1 comment:

cdp said...

Good for you - seeing the positive in what others may have found a negative experience.
You're already looking great according to that pic you've posted - keep up the good work!
Cxx