Thursday, January 13, 2011

It's Working!

Well...I made it to the gym (eventually) and to Weight Watchers yesterday.

I can now officially say my plan of syncing Holistic Nutrition with Weight Watcher's Simply Filling Technique is working!

I ate Holistic Foods from the WW "Power Food" list and only counted the points when I was eating a non "Power Food". I chose non Power Foods whenever the WW Power Food option was a low fat processed item. I had 49 weekly points to work with and I was able to add 40 exercise points.

I worked within these parameters, found it fairly easy, and was able to lose 2.4 pounds!

It wasn't anywhere near the 6 pounds I unofficially lost from my initial Saturday start date to the following Saturday, but this figure is more "real" as I was sick for part of that Saturday to Saturday evaluation. Besides, 2.4 pounds in a week is actually a much safer rate of weight loss and is more likely to be "fat loss" rather than a "muscle loss".

I am real happy. It inspires me to continue eating holistically healthy.

A special congrats goes out to Carolyn at Weight Watchers who attained lifetime membership at WW yesterday. That means she reached goal, has maintained it for the last six weeks, and can attend Weight Watchers free from now on as long as she doesn't go more than two pounds above her goal weight. I don't know Carolyn well but she really adds value to the meetings. I like her a lot and am REAL happy for her.

It was also great to see Pamela back. Glad you are feeling better :-)

So it was a good day all around yesterday.

Here is to continuing on the Road to Nutrition and Health!

Alan

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the 2.4 lb. loss - WOW! Good for you.

From the I am so Worth It Girl!

Unknown said...

Thanks "worth it" girl! It's a new day...it's a new world...it's a new life....and I'm feeeelinnnnggggg goooooooooooddddddddddd :-)