Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Do We Make Excuses?

I am sitting here contemplating whether or not I will go to the gym this morning.

We had a "snow storm" last night so there is the question of whether or not I will be able to get the car out from the back lane behind our house.

The truth is, however, as I look out my back window, the storm seems to be pretty much of a non-event. There is maybe 2 - 3 cm of snow on the ground.

It is true it might be a little icy, and that may mean a little extra effort is involved...but that little bit of extra effort so easily becomes an excuse to stay home.

Why do we find it soooooo easy to make the wrong choices but then find it sooooo hard to make the right ones? Sometimes I swear I search for excuses to take the easy route.

So I sit here contemplating whether or not I will go.

Theoretically, simply the fact that I am typing the reality of this situation should tell me to get up off my rump and go...but it isn't....I am sitting here thinking...."I don't want too!!!!"

I can only promise you one thing. I WILL get to the gym today, but it may not be until later. I feel like going back to bed. Maybe I am just listening to my body...but probably I am just making an excuse.

I WILL GO THOUGH!

Those caps were for my benefit...not yours :-)

I have made my decision....right now I am going back to bed.

The real question will be whether I can get to Weight Watchers tonight. I suspect Burlington, where the meeting is, got more snow than we did. Any advice from WW members out there in Burlington area?

Be healthy!

Alan

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No excuses! The weather is fine and we didn't get that much snow. Niagara got hit a lot harder than we did.
I struggled with getting up this morning but I do my workout at home. The hardest part is actually getting out of bed but once I get past that its no problem.
You know as well as I do, you always feel better once you get that workout done!
Have a great day.
M. WW.

Unknown said...

LOL I am actually just going to have a bit of lunch...then off to the gym...and then off to WW. Thanks for the additional kick in the butt :-)

Unknown said...

At the gym as promised. Sending this direct from the eliptical :-)