Thursday, January 27, 2011

At The Danger Point

It has arrived. The danger point. The point at which I can easily go from healthy to unhealthy.

I have been slipping the past couple of days. My work outs aren't as strong, I couldn't make it to Weight Watchers yesterday (although that was for work reasons and not because I was avoiding it) and since I didn't go to Weight Watchers I somehow felt that meant it was ok to have a Big Mac and an Apple Crisp McFlurry.

I am not afraid to treat myself, but there are much better ways. A night out with friends would definitely be more worthwhile than five minutes in a take out restaurant.

At this point I still feel in control. I feel like I have the power to stay on track.

Experience has taught me, however, that if I allow things to slide for another day or two I am in real trouble.

So...no excuses...healthy eating today.

As my friend Pamela would say: "I am so worth it".

Be healthy!

Alan


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't get there last night either. I know that we have to make a point of going and putting ourselves first but sometimes the kids have to be the priority and even though it would only be an hour, I just couldn't do it yesterday. I also knew that I would be up, not much, but still up, and somehow that makes it much easier to skip. When I am confident that I am down I am eager to get there and get that validation, but when I am certain that it is going the other way, I don't need them to tell me. I know I ate too much and it is me, not the program that faltered last week. Stick with the tracker and the exercise, I'll get to goal one day....but the battle will never end!
M. WW.

Unknown said...

It sounds like you and I had a similar week. I truly couldn't get to Burlington but if had REALLY wanted to weigh-in they do have centres in Toronto.

et make a commitment to restart the clock today and get it right this week! :-)

Alan

Anonymous said...

And your friend Pamela is so wise! Haha!

Guess who??!!!!!

Unknown said...

Gee...I wonder :-) LOL