Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Must Force Myself To Eat Today

Today is one of those days where I am going to have to force myself to eat. It is weigh-in day and I still have that dieters mentality that says I need to avoid food to get the right number on the scale.

The problem is this: I weighed in on my own scale this morning and I am down three pounds. Sounds good right? Unfortunately it is not as good as it sounds.

I weighed-in in the buff. They won't let me do that at WW. I am sure clothes and a days worth of food will result in a tight race....so my mind automatically races to the conclusion that I shouldn't eat until after I step on the scale tonight.

There are reasons why WW tells you not to weigh yourself between meetings. I will probably never listen, but I am sure this is one of the reasons.

I will eat today. I do try to eat similar things each Wednesday to maintain some sense of consistency on the scale.

I owe it to myself to think health first, weight second...but I don't want to.

When did I get so fixated on numbers? I need to smarten up and I will smarten up.

I will eat like a normal person today and let the scale fall where it may. I do still have a gym workout and will not be able to get to the gym until this afternoon. That may result in my being "down" but I know that it would really just be temporary water loss from working out.

Either way it doesn't matter. I just need to keep doing what I am doing and look at the lifetime plan.

Be healthy!

Alan

No comments: