Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Overdoing It

OK you all by now that I am a huge proponent of exercise a part of a weight loss plan.

I do believe, however, that you have to introduce it into your plan when you are ready for it. I didn't lose my weight exercising, I started after the bulk of the weight loss, but it does help to finish the job and keep the weight off.

I knew when I started losing weight (this time around...the 80th I think) that I do everything to extremes.  If I took too much on at once I would fail. That is what always happens. I do too much and then I give up.

So exercise came later and it is now a critical part of my life.

Sometimes I still take it to the extreme though and I do too much. That happened a few days ago. I went straight from an hour of Cardio into a training session with my friend Anthony.

It wasn't a regular training session. I felt really pumped and I wanted to push myself and push myself and push myself.

The result was an amazing workout but I had trouble functioning for the next three days.

It wasn't so much the soarness. I seem to have really good recoverability...it was plain and simply the exhaustion. I really didn't function well for about 48 hours. I just wanted to sleep.

If I slept...I wanted to sleep more. It is amazing how much it drained me. I was unable to workout for a couple of days which kind of counteracted the amazing workout a bit anyway.

Extremes are like that. They have a way of forcing you to undo what you worked so hard to achieve.

It's the same with food. Starve yourself and you will pig out eventually. I know I will.

So once again I need to teach myself balance. Balance...balance...balance. Seems so easy. Why isn't it?

Be healthy!

Alan


No comments: