Thursday, January 20, 2011

Cheated And Won!

I weighed in last night and I was down three pounds. Yeah!!!

To be honest though...I cheated.

I normally work out in the morning but I couldn't yesterday so I worked out in the afternoon. Right before weighing in I built-up a sweat on the treadmill and then sat in the Sauna.

I would do this on a normal day...but I don't usually finish twenty minutes before I step on the scale.

I am sure a lot of the weight was just water loss.

I don't care...I will take it!

The good thing is that it motivates me to be extra good next week. I want to BEAT that three pound loss.

I am now 187.4 pounds. I vowed in my blog of November 8, 2010 that I would not stress about weight as long as I remained under 190 pounds....then I went above 190 pounds. It is nice to be back in the realm of my own personal acceptability.

Although perfectly happy where I am I would ideally like to go down to 176.4. That happens to be my "50 pound" weight loss number. It is an arbitrary number but I feel in peak form when I am at that weight.

I have a doctor's note saying 185 pounds is an acceptable weight for me (which allows me to attend Weight Watchers as long as I stay below 187 pounds).

According to Canada Health Guide the maximum healthy weight for my height is 179 pounds, but I like 176.4 so I am going back there.

I used to think that I could never go back to this weight because I had gained muscle and that weighs more. It doesn't really work that way though...I'm not sure why.

When I went to 176.4 pounds without muscle people kept telling me I looked too thin...when I went to 176.4 with muscle the last time I seem to retain some weight in my face so it just looks....well...better.

So 176.4 pounds here I come!

A special congrats has to go out to our friend Pamela who comments on the blog regularly (often via Facebook). As of last night she s now down 70.2 pounds.

Way to go Pamela! We are all so proud of you!

Be healthy!

Alan

2 comments:

Pamela said...

Hi

Thanks so much for the congrats. When I actually see that 70.2 lbs on the computer screen it seems very different that seeing it my book. Seems ALOT more!

Hard to believe the equivalent of seven 10 sacks of potatoes were on me and are now gone.

It is indeed a group effort at WW and I am very grateful for the friends I have made and the support we all give to each other every week. I consider all of us very lucky to be together every Wednesday night. We are a unique group.

You also deverse congrats on your weight loss - good for you. I am impressed.

Pamela

Unknown said...

It is ALOT!

We are so lucky to have such a supportive group!