Sunday, January 2, 2011

Day Two - After A Rough Night

Day two of the New Year is here...that means it's time. If you had New Years Day festivities I can understand why you may not have started eating better yesterday...but there is no excuse for today. It's time!

I implemented my new plan perfectly yesterday. It was an incredibly healthy day. The Chilean Sea Bass turned out perfect. Jamie kept saying "I loved that fish" all evening long.

He should...it was ridiculously expensive. The piece I bought cost $55.

Still, we made half last night and split that half between us so it works out to $13.75 a person for our fish last night. For a New Years treat is wasn't that much. There was a time when I wouldn't think twice about spending the same amount of money for lunch at McDonald's.

To be honest though...I'm not at all "healthy" right now.

A week or so ago I blogged about my concern that I might catch the "bug" Jamie had, given that the stress of dealing with our vacation had pretty much drained me and brought my resistance down. I also wasn't eating particularly well over the holidays.

Well...fear became reality.

I am sooooooo sick. I can't remember having a night as bad as I had last night. Freezing then boiling, pounding headache, aching muscles. It is not fun.

I can say I am so glad I am not on a cruise ship like I am supposed to be right now. There is a reason for everything.

I tried to deal with it the natural way and pumped tons of Vitamin C and Oregano Oil into me, but at about 5am this morning I caved. I couldn't stand the headache anymore and took two Ibuprofen. I HATE taking drugs. Sometimes though...you have to do what you have to do. It was either Ibuprofen or call my nutritionist friend Anthony at 5:00AM saying HELP! I was too kind to do that (and besides...I know he shuts off his phone at night).

Being sick doesn't mean I can't keep eating healthy though. I had Amaranth Porridge with Flax Seeds and Stevia for breakfast, will have a Fruit and Veggie concoction made in my VitaMix for lunch and tonight is Roasted Chicken, a couple of small potatoes and salad.

I will "health" myself into being healthy.

Really hoping I can avoid taking anymore medicinal drugs.

Be heathy!

Alan

No comments: