Monday, January 24, 2011

It Has To Be Said Again - Life Is Too Short To Shorten It Further


I woke up yesterday to a shock.

A man by the name of Thom Bainbridge had passed away.

I am not going to pretend I know Thom well. I think I only met him once.

Before my relationship with Jamie I was in a seven year relationship with a great guy named Sean, and Thom is Sean's mother's brother.

I have remained close to Sean's family though and am really looking forward to his Mom coming to stay with us next month.

Thom had connected with me on Facebook and he often responded to my posts with a witty remark. He was a unique man, and to be totally honest, I was not always swift enough to "get" his witty responses...but I did sometimes...and I enjoyed them.

I enjoyed them so much that I actually went into a state of disbelief with the news of his passing. He was only 61 and his passing was so unexpected.

My thoughts have been with my Sean and his husband Ken, his siblings, his mother Cathy, and the whole family. I know I will miss Thom so I can't even begin to imagine how much they will. My heart also goes out to Debb who I know found a special friendship with him through Facebook.

It once again makes me realize how precious life is. I don't have a parent or a grandparent who made it to 70. Fortunately I now have long living Aunts and Uncles to give me hope.

Nonetheless, we cannot take our life for granted. To do anything to jeopardize further the short time we have here just doesn't make sense..and yes...this includes what we stuff in our face.

If the bad foods we eat doesn't give us a Heart Attack it might give us Cancer.

I like eating the crappy food as much as the next person but the reality is we don't need it and we shouldn't eat it. Consumption of crap should be a "treat" and not a daily occurrence.

I don't know the details of Thom's death, nor is it really any of my business.

I doubt it was food related but that really isn't the point.

The point is life is too short already. We should be doing everything we can to not only make our lives as long as possible but to be healthy enough to enjoy the life we have.

My deepest condolences to the family of Thom. May he rest in peace and may you, as a family, find peace. My heart is with you all.

Be healthy,

Alan



No comments: