Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Right Direction - Wrong Speed

Jamie said to me yesterday..."It's taking longer to recover from these parties". He is soooo right. The funny thing is...he doesn't even drink!

I am definitely on the right "post party" road but it is taking longer than I would like to get back to 100%. I ate pretty healthy yesterday (except for the last few cheese Nachos that accidentally fell into my mouth) but I couldn't get up the energy to go to the gym.

This morning I went to the gym, but it was mediocre at best. I did cardio because I knew I would fail miserably at weights. The cardio work out was far from first rate, but at least I did 40 minutes continuous exercise.

I am getting back on track, and I have no doubt I will be back on track, it is just that the track is getting harder to find as I get older. LOL

Today will be a good day though. Lots to do work-wise and that will keep me out of trouble.

Be healthy!

Alan

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alan my love,,even though I have not had time to post comments , just know I love your blog and all its honesty and moments....so you and love knowing you a best friend !! Love reading your daily posts,,,hugs Di xxx

Monica said...

Those martinis were sooo good though ;) All worth it in my opinion.

Unknown said...

Definitely worth it Monica....although technically you are posting when you are supposed to be sitting in class listening to your instructor. You have your laptop on in class again don't you?!

Di missed the party this year but she has been there before so she knows how good they can be. Love you too Di! Can't wait to see you Friday!

Abuccuz said...

Alan you are the definition of fun. you will never have to worry .... once you set your mind on something that razor sharp focus gets your there everytime...without missing out on the 'living' part of life.

Unknown said...

awww...your so sweet :-)