Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The Last Day

As I dragged myself out of bed this morning the thought occurred to me that this is the last day.

It is the last day I will be able to go to the gym and enter age "46" on those damn pieces of gym equipment. Starting tomorrow I have to enter "47" and the sneaky thing will automatically adjust everything to reflect the likely realities of an ageing man. Damn Machines!

The one thing I will definitively say for this journey I am on is that it counteracts the fear of ageing. I have pretty consistently felt younger and younger and when my "before" picture was taken I am pretty sure I was 80.

Besides, I am not really turning 47 anyway. I already did my 47th day of everything because for the entire 1st year of my life I was apparently "zero". I guess lying about our age starts real early :-)

Life is good though and I am thrilled to be in it. I'm not saying it doesn't have its moments.

Moments of stress, moments of tears, moments of agony, moments of loss, and periods where one might not want to see tomorrow.

Life is however, an experience, and my goal is to experience all I can and accept the challenges along the way with grace.

I also want to say Happy Birthday to my many friends who are celebrating a birthday with me this week: Cara (it's today so a special Happy Birthday!), Quade, and Graham. As I type this I am certain I am missing a couple of people so please forgive me if I forgot you. Just put it down to old age! LOL

So here is to ageing, and life, and just plain "being".

It is weigh-in day today and I actually think I might be ok. I shouldn't be after the first half of the week, but I have been really good since Sunday morning and the exercise really seems to be keeping my metabolism up so here is to hoping!

Off to the gym now to enter "46" for the last time and try not too shed a tear :-( Just joking. Gotta love who you are and where you are.

Be healthy!

Alan

No comments: