Sunday, June 6, 2010

Party Is Over...And The Carb Cravings Begin

Yesterday we had our annual Martina Party...and I lived to tell the tale!

You might have noticed that I am "telling the tale" at 7:30PM rather than 5:00AM though.

Thanks to my many many good friends for coming and thank you in particular to Kevin, who got Cindy and I to drink water between Martinis this year...the result was that both Cindy and I were able to function this morning. Not so sure Kevin was though :-)

I really have to thank Justine in particular. She was here as a new friend, and a guest, but quickly jumped in to help on bar when things got nuts. If 100 people weren't getting their alcohol...it wouldn't have been pretty. Thanks Justine!

Thanks also to Rommel and Michelle (the scheduled bar duo) and Cindy, Kevin, Joy-Anne, John and Shuna who arrived early Saturday and helped prepare the food and bar. Your the best!

All I will say about the party is...when ten people are in my bed at the end of the night...it can't be anything but fun! (too all those with dirty minds...unfortunately the clothes stayed on :-) )

Today has been challenging. We went out for breakfast with the guests who crashed here (there were 8 of us) and I considered it my last "indulgence". If only that were true. I have had post alcohol carb cravings all day and although I haven't had a proper meal I have had a ton of leftover cashews. I also had about 4 chocolate brownies and some Nacho Chips. The only thing I really did right was decline dinner at my neighbours tonight. Love em but they are ordering in burgers and fries. Jamie is over there right now but I need to stop and I need to stop now.

So...the challenging two weeks I have been blogging about are officially over. No more excuses. Back to the gym tomorrow and back to healthy eating.

Be healthy!

Alan

No comments: