Sunday, June 20, 2010

Mosquitos Eat Fat People

It's true! I had this deep and intellectual discussion at the party I was at last night but I'm not sure anyone believed me. The door was open at the party and my friend Cara (who is NOT fat) got a couple of mosquito bites. This lead to a discussion of what mosquitos are attracted to. I believe that among other things they see a larger person and scream "buffet!!!!". I think my point lost all credibility around the time I spilled my red wine all over the living room chair...I'm so sorry Elizabeth!

The only thing we did manage to find consensus on was the title of today's blog :-)

I did keep my word and didn't eat any bread, Nacho Chips or the like in spite of the fact that my dear friend Quade, who made the following statement in yesterday's blog:

"I'll be there for you tonight like the guys they hire to keep celebrities sober. I'll be on you like white on rice...oh sorry, that's a carb..."


managed to be there for me by telling me not to worry, she will just photoshop the pic of me walking shirtless down Church Street July 4th. 


Thanks a lot Quade! LOL (we can talk further about this option in private)


I really want to say that I was too drunk BECAUSE I had no alcohol absorbing carbs in me, and there might be a bit of truth to that, but the reality is I drank too much. I really need to start paying more attention to this. When you spill your wine...you've had too much.


Yet another thing to face the reality of...sigh...one step at a time.


I am going to stick to the positive for now though, and simply pray the chair came clean.


I have kept my promise and stayed away from Bread, Potato, Rice and Pasta for three days now. We are going out for dinner with a friend tonight so that will be yet again a challenge but I will do it.


Tomorrow the three day cleanse begins.  I promised my nutritionist friend Anthony I would  do it and I will. That is three days of raw fruits and vegetables only. God help me.


Be healthy!


Alan

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

No worries Alan, there's not a drop of red wine in sight. Just a few blood stains from the mosquito bites. Just kidding. ;) It's all as good as new. Just sorry the wine went to waste! :)

Elizabeth

Unknown said...

Thank God! It really did look quite bad. I guess your starting to find out the sad sordid truth about your Real Estate Broker LOL

Quade said...

I think you spilled the wine as a diversionary tactic to get out of the awkward mosquito -fat people conversation. And who could blame you? :-)

Unknown said...

You really think I'm smart enough to do that? You give me WAY too much credit.

Quade said...

True. Jamie is the brains in the family.