Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Fake It Till You Make it

Hey Everyone!

Yesterday I wrote about how hard it was to get back "on track" and about the mediocre work out I had had in the morning.

During the day I was thinking about what I would be doing if I was feeling "on track". The only thing I could think of was "I'd be pushing myself". So that is what I decided to do.

My day was crazy but I figured out a way to get BACK to the gym and do a proper work-out. Weights and all.

Guess what? Pushing myself worked!

I had a great workout and woke up this morning feeling great!

Today is weigh-in day and I already know I will be "up" but that is cool. I planned for, expected it, moved on, and am feeling on track.

I also had the wonderful pleasure of meeting someone who has been posting on my blog for the first time. She was in from out of town and stayed at our B&B. It was so great to meet you Karen! I only regret that I didn't have more time. We will have to do it again and go out for dinner.

Karen clearly knows me well. She left me a gift of a bottle of wine and a set of wine glasses. Who could ask for a better gift. Thank you so much! You, my friend, are a sweetheart.

It's a great day.

Be healthy!

Alan

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Alan,
Good for you getting right back on track. The extra push for the gym had to feel great. Its always tough but you never ever think afterwards that it was a waste of time.
I too am expecting to be up tonight. Had a good week but last week went over my points. I had a loss last week but I think that it has caught up with me, somewhat like when you are doing all the right things and don't see the loss right away. The negative sometimes creeps up on you the same way. Oh well, it happens, we just have to keep doing what we know works and the results will come!
Have a great day.

Unknown said...

You are sooooo right. It does happen, but the important thing is we are both doing good now and we are in it for the long and healthy haul :-)

Karen said...

Sorry, I couldn't wait until you posted today. I am glad things are getting back on track. I must say that having just met both you and Jamie in person I feel like I have known you both for years, the two of you truly know how to make your guests feel at home. Hope the weigh in when well.
Oh - just had to let you know, Bob and I were talking on the way home yesterday and I had said that if I didn't know how old you were I would have never guessed - Bob tried he said maybe 33 or 35. Your road to nutrition and health is also helping you with a more youthful appearance.
Take care my friend.

Unknown said...

I think I just fell in love with you and Bob :-)