Sunday, August 1, 2010

I'm Not 19 Anymore

Last night I was out in the bar scene.

I socialize a lot, but I really don't do the bar scene anymore.

I have nothing against it, and I had fun last night...but I am too old for it. I am also too old for the special cookie I ate.

Before anyone starts jumping on me with the "your only as old as you think you are" line, please know that I already know that, and I feel a lot younger than 47.

Feeling under 47 and feeling 19 are not quite the same thing though. I just can't fathom doing anything on a regular basis that doesn't start until 11:00pm (unless it is umm...well...you know).

I think I have accepted that no matter how healthy I become I may never have the energy to live the party lifestyle again.

There is a line in a play I was once in called "Cloud 9" that says "I'm Too Old For All This Fun". When I was in this play, thirty some odd years ago, I didn't really "get" that line. It is now the most memorable line for me in the entire show.

The nice thing about getting older? I'm TOTALLY cool with it :-)

Be healthy!

Alan

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The only reason I would like to be 19 again is to get why I ate, what I ate and when I ate it!!!!!! WAY back then. It would have been nice to get the weight off way back then and not having to do it at this stage of my life.

Can I party like I used to - yes - but to a point. It really has to be something fun and special to keep me going past 11:30 p.m.!

I have been known to sleep through an entire production on a cruise ship while the senior citizens are wide awake! I have to sleep sometime!

Unknown said...

LOL...yeah but those senior citizens had probably been in their rooms "having a nap" for the 10 hours before the show.

I think we are doing damn well :-)