Saturday, August 28, 2010

TRAVEL DAY

I Screwed Up The Order of This Blog and don't have time to fix so pictures are first then blog :-)


Yesterday was mostly a travel day as we bid a sad farewell to our good friends in Edinburgh and headed to London on the train. Catherine was amazing. She not only picked us up to take us to the station at 6:00AM but she had surprised us by preparing a bagged lunch for us too! This was mine:


It was only 11 pounds more expensive (each) for us to travel First Class on the Train so we did that and it was well worth it. It was an 5 hour train trip.





















We got to our B&B (which is quite nice) and went straight to bed for 2 hours. They upgraded us to a room with a separate Living Room and Balcony.

On Balcony at our B&B
After we got up we went to meet our friend Kimme who used to live in Canada and has just moved here. We saw here in Bournemouth at the start of our trip and it is great to see her again here in London where she now lives.


When we exited the tube station to meet Kimmee there was a busy bar called "KU" with a huge rainbow flag out front so we went there and texted her we would meet here there. It was there that I had my first four drinks...and two more later in the night.

Three drinks in front of me at one point

We went to an  Italian Restaurant for dinner. I chose a Falafel with Hummus as a starter and then Pasta in a Tomato sauce.



As we were walking home we saw a sign for a theatre show called "Ghost Stories". We made a last second decision to go in and see it. Jamie didn't like, I liked it, and Kimmee loved it so how is that for a mixed review?!

We then got back to the B&B about midnight for a good night's rest. Kimmee was with us. She couldn't sleep alone after the show :-) Sorry Kimmee...I can't keep my mouth shut :-)

Below are pics of England.

Be healthy!

Alan




4 comments:

Kim Knight said...

I am far too insanely grinny in all of these photos. I guess I was very happy to see you guys. Weird!??! xx

Unknown said...

LOL I think it is just our blinding good looks making you smile

cinsin1 said...

Finally with the help of my daughter I can comment on your blog....STOP the insanity LOL... remember you have to weigh in the first Wednesday you are home :-)
Really... I am so glad you are having a great time away!! I know that you will get back to your normal healthy lifestyle when you get home.
Have a ball, see you when you get home. And remember "Self-empowerment through personal responsibility" my favorite new quote.
Love you guys.

Unknown said...

Hey CSIN! I Miss you! Glad your daughter was able to help you out! This trip has been absolutely the best trip ever. I feel like I have found my roots. The missing piece of a puzzle has fallen into place.

Will hate leaving but am looking forward to coming home Wednesday too. Won't make it to WW this Wednesday but will be there the following one for sure!

See you soon!

Love ya!

Alan & Jamie