Monday, August 23, 2010

OK IT'S SMARTEN UP DAY

You may have noticed that lately I have been doing the “food confessions” but not really focusing on it. 

Eating has been secondary to vacationing, which, in a way is “as it should be” … I guess. 

I do know it is only for a brief period of time and then I will be back on track but I am letting it get a bit out of hand.

Don’t get me wrong, I still want to have fun, and there are fattening things that I still want to do, but I need to start paying attention yesterday. I really let it slip yesterday.

The day started wonderfully. We didn’t have breakfast (maybe that was the first mistake) but walked over to the Queen’s Royal Ship “Brittania” for a tour. It was about an hour and a half audio tour and it was really good.

Queens Car Travelled On Ship
We Were Surprised The Queen Didn't Have A
"Queen" Sized Bed!
The Queen's Sitting Room/Office
Room For Royal Family And Entertaining
The Royal Entrance And Exit
Jamie Having A Pint of Fake Beer
The Dining Room Table
Charles & Diana Brought The First And Only
Double Bed Onboard
Prince Phillip's Bed In Separate Room
From Queen
The Queen's Bedroom


I know my friend Catherine is going to kill me for this because we weren’t going to tell her, but I can’t bring myself to lie on the blog.

After the tour we were hungry (remember…no breakfast) so we stopped into a restaurant and had a burger and fries. We then got a call from Catherine’s daughter Joni saying Catherine was making Pasta so we went there for lunch. So we had a double lunch. Catherine’s was better.



After lunch we went to Costco (did you know there are free wine samples in Costco here? I think that in itself convinced me I should move here), then we were off to Catherine’s father’s for a BBQ. It was great to see Mr. Conway again as well as Catherine’s sister Christine who I haven’t seen in 37 some odd years, and her other sister Veronica who I did see in Canada a few years ago but it was fantastic to see again. Christine was my first girlfriend when I was about five years old.



I can’t believe I failed to take a picture of them with my iphone to post here, but I am sure Jamie will have pictures on his Camera.

In additions to Kabobs and salad and corn I was able to finally taste Catherine’s delicious cupcakes (yes that is plural) and I also ate chocolate pastry treats and wine.


Heading Down To The Bunker
At Mr Conways
The Bunker
Jamie Inside The Bunker




Mr Conway (Catherine's Dad)


In short…I was a pig. LOL. I did have fun though.

I am going to be better today, but until I am please don’t follow my lead, and, be healthy!

Alan


2 comments:

cdp said...

What can you say!!!! Honesty is the best policy! You do make me laugh tho"! Cxx

Unknown said...

I laugh at myself...but maybe that is part of the problem :-)