Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Goal Date and Travel Date Have arrived!

Everything is pretty much in place.

It is August 11th, the day I leave for vacation and the day I set to reach my 179 pound goal weight. Have I made it? We will find out when I weigh-in at Weight Watchers tonight and I will let you know from England tomorrow:-)

It has been a crazy couple of days between completely re-arranging our trip and training the person who will be running our B&B for us while we are away. This also meant documenting every possible procedure for credit card processing, reversals, reservation processing,  etc. It took a lot of time but we are almost ready to go!

I am quite excited about our new itinerary. It is still tentative as dates are being finalized but it is looking like we will be doing the following:

August 12th - 15th Bournemouth, England (with a day at Isle of Wight)
August 16th - 19th Annan, Scotland (small town near Dumfries where my Mom grew up)
August 20th - 26th Edinburgh with my friend cdp who posts on this blog. The Edinburgh Festival will be on!
August 27th - 31st London (may go to Tring near Hertfordsire where my day grew up for a day if we can).
Sept 1 Home

It is really quite exciting! I have heard about Annan my whole life and I am finally going to see it! I haven't seen many of my relatives since my mother's funeral 15 years ago, and ironically it looks like I will actually be in Annan on the 15th anniversary of her passing. I think that it will be so amazing to spend that time with her and her relatives.

On the "health" side of things I am a little scared. I know a few of you have said it will be easier than a cruise ship would be to eat well, but we had mastered eating on the ship and I knew what to do. Now I am going into the land of pubs and beer...and I love both.

God help me!

I can't wait to write me blog from England tomorrow. Hopefully I will be reporting that I have REACHED GOAL!

Be healthy!

Alan

4 comments:

Karen said...

Enjoy your trip. I must say you make me laugh and you make me cry. This week has definitely been a journey for you and your friends, and my heart is with you all.
As for making me laugh - your 'Ladies' blog did. The one thing I keep hearing my husband say is the reason many men start to diet is because of their 'dickdo' - and that is when your 'belly sticks out further then your dick do'. Hopefully that will put a little smile on your face today.
Please have a safe journey - and I will miss your daily musings if you are not able to post each day.

Take care my friend, and hugs to both you and Jamie.

Unknown said...

Today you made me laugh. Thanks for that!

Will be doing my best to post daily :-)

Alan

Anonymous said...

I so hope you make that goal tonight! I am going to try and get there but it doesn't look promising. My poison ivy has continued to travel and although my hideous face rash is gone, now it is in places that make wearing certain undergarments pretty much unbearable. I am working from home because I just can't go to the office. One the WW side, I also know that I am going to be up becuase the steriods have caused me to gain. I am a daily weigher, every morning without fail, and in a matter of two days (good days by my tracker) I was up 4 lbs. I am laying the blame completely on the drugs and refuse to let it bother me. I am sticking to my plan and having faith that when this mess is over it will pay off.
Have a fabulous vacation, you have earned every minute of it!

Unknown said...

It's funny how a WW's mind works. My first thought when you told me about your undergarments was "if you don't where them you will weigh less!!!

Seriously though the poison ivy sounds really bad. I hope it is over for you soon.

I say totally blame the medication!

I am sitting in WW now and we will dash str8 to the airport but unless you come to the meeting I can't reveal if I made goal as it would spoil tomorrows blog :-(

Alan