Sunday, August 8, 2010

I Hope We All Dance - I Know Kelly And Shirley Are!


I HOPE YOU DANCE





This blog is dedicated: 


To my beautiful sister Shirley Kondo who passed away on August 8th, 2001. You always loved to enjoy life so much and refused to accept death until the bitter end. So many could learn so much from your determination to live and love. I want another Margarita (or ten) with you in Key West but will have to settle for raising a glass to you from the middle of the Mediterranean in a week. You sure knew how to have fun.


and


To my dear friend Kelly Flegg, who made me feel so worthwhile when I couldn't make myself feel that way. She tragically passed away August 8th, 1978. She was so young but made such a lasting impact on so many. I know she changed my life forever. I have recently reconnected with her brother Tim. This is such a gift. My heart goes out to Tim and the entire Flegg Family today. 


In their short time on this earth they taught me that cheerfulness and compassion for others conquers all. I know they are dancing beyond, and I know they want us all to dance along with them while we treasure every precious moment we have on this planet.


Click Here To Hear "I Hope You Dance"

If Shirley and Kelly were able to communicate to us in a way we could understand I know in my heart that this is what they would want to say to every living person out there:








I hope you never lose your sense of wonder 
You get your fill to eat 
But always keep that hunger 
May you never take one single breath for granted 
God forbid love ever leave you empty handed 
I hope you still feel small 
When you stand by the ocean 
Whenever one door closes, I hope one more opens 
Promise me you'll give faith a fighting chance 

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance 
I hope you dance 
I hope you dance 

I hope you never fear those mountains in the distance 
Never settle for the path of least resistance 
Living might mean taking chances 
But they're worth taking 
Lovin' might be a mistake 
But it's worth making 
Don't let some hell bent heart 
Leave you bitter 
When you come close to selling out 
Reconsider 
Give the heavens above 
More than just a passing glance 

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance 
I hope you dance 
(Time is a real and constant motion always) 
I hope you dance 
(Rolling us along) 
I hope you dance 
(Tell me who) 
I hope you dance 
(Wants to look back on their youth and wonder) 
(Where those years have gone) 

I hope you still feel small 
When you stand by the ocean 
Whenever one door closes, I hope one more opens 
Promise me you'll give faith a fighting chance 

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance 
Dance 
I hope you dance 
I hope you dance 
(Time is a real and constant motion always) 
I hope you dance 
(Rolling us along) 
I hope you dance 
(Tell me who) 
(Wants to look back on their youth and wonder) 
I hope you dance 
(Where those years have gone) 

(Tell me who) 
I hope you dance 
(Wants to look back on their youth and wonder) 
(Where those years have gone) 

WE MAY NOT BE YOUNG BUT IT DOES NOT MEAN WE HAVE LOST THE OPPORTUNITY TO DANCE. LET'S MAKE A PACT TO NEVER STOP.


I miss you both so very much and always will. 




Love you,




Alan
xoxoxo

2 comments:

cdp said...

My goodness Alan - what a day this is for you. What are the odds - same day years apart.

I remember when Shirley was dying - so so sad - still brings a tear to my eye thinking about it. It's funny - seeing your photo of her there - for one thing, she's the image of your Mum, for another I still remember her with the long hippy hair. I think the last time I saw her waas when Kerrie was very wee - so a very long time ago. But the people you grow up with stay with you all your life, they are part of what moulds you as a person - I particuarly feel that as we moved away at a very pivital point of my life.

I hope that you and all the family are ok today - life does go on and I'm sure that Shirley would be immensely proud of her girls and the rest of you!
Cxx

Unknown said...

Thanks for your post cdp. As time goes by memories can fade but the impact people have on us stay forever. August 8th will be a bit of an emotional day but I do not believe it will be a sad day. Both Kelly and Shirley were such positive people and I feel that positiveness inside me. My hope is that their energy will fill all who knew them and carry them through. My thoughts are with Keri, Christy, Rick, and The Fleggs today. Love them all.

Alan