Saturday, May 1, 2010

Does Not Eating Mean It Was A Good Day?

Hello All!

As I continue to do this daily blog, which is primarily about my eating habits, I am really beginning to realize that I am "all over the place".

Sometimes I wonder what I could possibly have left to blog about, and then the "issue of the day" begins to raise its ugly head.

Yesterday's experiences centred primarily around being SO busy I just didn't have TIME to eat. Ever happen to you?

When you work as a Real Estate Broker as I do it can happen a lot and yesterday it definitely happened. The whole day was a race against the clock from start to finish (and finish didn't occur until about 11:00pm).

Sooo....from a weight loss perspective I did great but did I really?

I don't know...perhaps the odd time it IS actually good for you...as long as you don't end the day at McDonalds!. No...I didn't :-)

One day a week fasts are supposed to be good for you and that is essentially what I did. It just wasn't a planned one.

This morning I woke up at 2:00 in the morning absolutely starving though. I didn't eat but I was so hungry it took me over as hour to get back to sleep...and now I am exhausted and about to face another crazy day.

I think my verdict is that "no"...an unplanned failure to eat because you are too busy isn't good for you. If I am that busy I probably need the energy!

I did manage to fit in 40 minutes of exercise at the gym. I wanted to do more but no time. It was "intense" exercise though.

I still managed to keep my appointment at the hypnotist as well . It was appointment number three of five. I have no idea how it went because I don't remember it. I may have been hypnotized but I am pretty sure I just used the brief break to sleep!

Have a great weekend and....be healthy!

Alan

2 comments:

Anthony DiPasquale.com said...

Anthony here- hi Alan- Fasting is awesome, and hats off to you for resisting food at 2:00am when hunger awoke you- what you can do (or anyone with night hunger) is to drink a lot. Research with night hunger showed that drinking a generous amount of water when hunger strikes erases most of it!
Other research, done with healthy subjects doing a pure water fast, every other day, for one month showed NO MUSCLE LOSS and significant fat loss. SO pump up the water and if you really can't take it, have some spirulina and fruit.

Unknown said...

Hey Bud! Thanks for the tip! For anyone who doesn't know this is my favourite nutritionist and also a hell of a trainer...Anthony. You can see his website at http://anthonydipasquale.com . If you are in Toronto or want Nutritional information long distance you have GOT to contact this guy. He inspires me every week and he has such a good sense of humour. He is really really really happy now cause he has new girl. I really hope it works out for you bro. You deserve it!