Thursday, May 6, 2010

Down 3.2 Pounds!

I stepped on the scale with a bit of fear yesterday because I honestly didn't know for sure which way the tides would turn. I "felt" like my weight was down but I wasn't sure if my eating habits had been good enough. I knew I did a lot of good things, but was afraid the few "indulgences" (I refuse to call them "mistakes") might have had an impact.

Boy was I happy to find out I was down 3.2 pounds!

It has given me the willpower to have another good week!

It has also taught me I can indulge occasionally as long as I don't do it all the time.

It is looking like I might be indulging a bit tonight, but if I do it will be a fun night and then back to good. I may get this figured out yet! Ok OK...I know...it is a little early to be soooo optimistic :-)

Remember when I talked about my horrible habit of eating while I study for tests? Well good news! I have no choice but to be good! The course I am taking now (Anatomy and Physiology) is 14 weeks long and there is a test every Thursday Morning.

Figure out my built-in solution? I simply CANNOT eat junk while studying for my tests because the night before the test I have to step on the scale!

I am betting by the end of 14 weeks I will have this horrible habit licked!

Wish me luck and...be healthy!

Alan

3 comments:

Catherine said...

Way to go Alan!

Funny story - my 17-year-old son Dom has just left school (after getting his Uni entrance grades in one sitting last year!!) and got himself a full-time job, front of house in a busy Italian place. He has lost 7 lbs in a week because he's working so hard and doesn't have time (some nights) to eat!!! The bitch is - he didn't have an extra 7 lbs to lose!!!!

Karen said...

Congrats! It is a long journey, and well worth the trip.

Unknown said...

Thanks ladies! I just have to be careful not too get too cocky about losing weight. I tend to lose it fast. The only thing I do faster is gain it!

Catherine...I think I hate Dom.

Kidding!

Alan