Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Sometimes Size Matters!

Good day everyone!

As I sit here reflecting on yesterday I am contemplating whether or not it was a "good day" or not. It was definitely a good breakfast, definitely a good lunch, but dinner?...I could have chosen better.

We had friends who came in from out of town because I am listing their incredibly beautiful condo for sale today and some final "cleaning" had to be done prior to going to market.

After all the pre-sale work was done on the condo we decided to get "take out" instead of going out for dinner (no one wanted to cook). We stopped where there was Chinese Take Out on one side of the street and Vietnamese Take Out on the other side of the street with a sign that boasts "Taste Of Health" above its door. Although some of us opted for Chinese Food, I was good, or at least I thought I was, and went Vietnamese.

The problem is I was really hungry and wanted something filling so I ordered Pad Thai with Chicken and Shrimp.

The food was great, I didn't feel stuffed, and I feel great (health-wise) this morning but when I think back on the size of the order of Pad Thai I had and the fat that it probably contained I think I blew it for the day :-(

Tomorrow is weigh-in day for me and as much as I feel like I have been more "aware" of what I am eating, my decisions might not lead to weight loss. There has been a little slip up here, and a little slip up there all week long.

Weight Watchers suggests tracking the food you eat, and I know if I had actually done that I wouldn't be sitting here wondering if I slipped up to much. I would pretty much know for sure. I "track" and then "stop tracking" and then "track" and then "stop tracking". I think I better track everything I put in my mouth next week and see what itemizing my food intake reveals.

I believe one feels great when they eat right, feel horrible when they eat poorly, but feel the worst when they ate pretty good and then blow it with one oversized item.

Why did I do it? I was so good otherwise. I know I need treats occasionally but believe me I have NO trouble making sure I get my treats in.

I am not going to beat myself up though. At this particular moment in time I am a little disappointed in myself but that attitude only leads to a slippery path down hill.

Every day is a new day and a fresh new start!

On a purely selfish and off topic note if you are looking for a beautiful condo downtown check out the listing in the link below. I am kinda sad my friends are selling it as it is such a beauty!

BEAUTIFUL LAKEVIEW CONDO!


Be healthy!

Alan

No comments: