Monday, May 10, 2010

The Dangers Of BLT's

Hi everyone.

The good news is I am on the road to recovery...feeling a lot better today.

I really have to watch what I eat as my appetite comes back. I am taking my Blogger friends Anthony and Karen's advice and focusing on water, vegetables, lemons, and avocados today.

Yesterday I fell victim to the horrible BLTs. No not "Bacon, Lettuce and Tomatoes"...but "Bites, Licks, and Tastes".

I really didn't feel like eating too much, but that didn't mean I didn't want to eat at all so I had a nibble here, a bite there, etc.

The problem is most of those nibbles and bites were on Peak Frean and chocolate covered Digestive Cookies. I know..they shouldn't even be in the house but they were. Even though there was only "one here" and "one there", with the help of Jamie they are now all gone.

So here I sit...wondering how I could have no appetite for a real meal and yet manage to slowly scarf down cookies.

I tell you...those "bites, licks and tastes" will nip you in the butt every time. Gotta watch em!

I think the problem was I had them with Tea. The tea made me feel better and the cookies just made it a complete package.

Today I must smarten up. No more cookies on my healthy road to recovery.

I can't wait to write about how good I was today, when I write my blog tommorrow.

Be healthy!

Alan

7 comments:

schwevy said...

one is too many and a thousand are not enough, huh?

your honesty is inspiring!

Unknown said...

Thanks Schwevy!

I really need to hear that.

It is a lot harder to be honest then I thought and sometimes I feel that what I am really writing is "confessions of an idiot"! LOL. But comments like that tell me I am not alone and I should keep going. It is really helping me, and if it helps someone else along the way...that is awesome!

Alan

Karen said...

Glad to hear that you are feeling better. As you have said earlier, knowing that you have had a little setback and being honest about it goes a long way. Remember - today is the first day of the rest of your life, and time to get back on track - and yes you will probably have a few more little setbacks, I know I have. Chin up and hands out of the cookie jar.

Unknown said...

LOL Thanks Karen!

Quade said...

It's the food equivalent of the "death by a thousands small cuts".

Unknown said...

ROFLOL! I have to remember that one for Weight Watchers next week :-)

Unknown said...

My Nutritionist friend Anthony asked me today what was "Digestive" about a "Digestive Cookie"? It's a question I am still pondering. I don't think there is anything particularly digestive about it.