Tuesday, February 1, 2011

There is something about the first

It is February 1st today.

The start of a new month. The first of just about anything gets me going. It is a new beginning.

The first three weeks of my January were exceptionally good and then I derailed myself. I got myself back on track at the very end but I am considering today the official new beginning....again :-)

I am getting my calendar out yet again and marking off the days I track and the days I am good. I stopped doing the calendar last month on the same day I stopped being healthy. Go figure. :-)

I will play it by ear but I am guessing I won't be able to get to WW tomorrow. Huge snow storm coming tonight and they are saying there is little chance we will miss it. 20 - 30 cm of snow combined with strong and gusty winds. Fun wow! :-)

The blogs may be short this week ( I CAN HEAR YOU THINKING "THANK GOD"!). Its a bit of a crazy week.

Be healthy!

Alan

6 comments:

cdp said...

Gosh - Joe is due to fly back tomorrow morning after enjoying the temperate climes here (no lower than 2 over the past 4 weeks) - he'll be in for a shock!!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh. You better tell him to make sure he checks his flight before heading to the airport. The snow they can probably handle but the winds are supposed to be really bad. I am not sure if planes will be landing here tomorrow. Check out:

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/alerts/wwcaon0014/caon0696/weather?ref=warnings_citypage

Unknown said...

that url didn't turn into a "link" as I hoped but if you cut and paste the url into your web browser you shoudl be able to see it.

They say there is very little chance Toronto will miss this one.

cdp said...

Cheers Al! x

Pamela said...

Hi Alan

You won't see me either at the meeting if we get the snow they are calling for.

Let's hope it doesn't happen.

Unknown said...

Toronto airport has already cancelled tons of flights for tomorrow. Seems like it is inevitable. Fortunately, other than WW I don't have to go out tomorrow so it may be a day to stay indoors.