Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Frickin Hard

I did day one of the P90X, ninety day, work out I promised to start yesterday and let me tell you it is frickin hard!  I woke up sore this morning, but still did the P90X exercises for Day 2 before writing this blog. Fortunately day 2 uses completely different muscles.

Muscle confusion is supposed to be the driving force behind the effectiveness of the P90X program.

On WW I switched back to the main program and counted the points for everything to see how they balance out, but on Day 1 they certainly didn't. I am allowed 38 points a day, plus any exercise points I earn, plus an extra 49 points to use throughout the week.

Yesterday I ate what they told me to and it added up to a whopping 66 points! When I subtract my 6 activity points I am still left with 60 points which means at the end of Day 1 I have used up 22 of my 49 allowable "extra" points for the week.

I am not too concerned though. First of all, I know a lot of those points were consumed with cheese. I was supposed to eat low fat cheese but only had regular.

That is correctable.

Secondly, when I look at what I actually ate, there is no sugar and few bad carbs so I am eating well.

My meal plan for the day was as follows:

Breakfast 

Mushroom Omelet
1 Cup Strawberries
1 Cup Cottage Cheese

Snacks throughout day

Protein Bar
Protein Shake
30 Pistachios ( I know...high in points but part of P90X program.)

Lunch

Chef Salad

Dinner

8 oz Salmon with Lemon Dill Sauce
Asparagus
1 cup Brown Rice
2 cups red pepper soup (minimal points)

I am going to have faith that this program works and do it for 90 days. As you can see from above, although it is a lot of food, I am certainly not compromising my health, and it is supposed to be designed for weight loss.

We will see how it goes.

Wish me luck and be healthy!

Alan

No comments: