Saturday, February 26, 2011

There Is No Time! What gives?

It is hard to get everything done in a day.

Now that I am doing this P90X program I am finding it almost impossible because, in addition the to the food preparation there is also the exercise. Once I add into that my Nutrition Courses at the Institute of Holistic Nutrition, my blog, my work, and household chores and I start thinking...something has to give. 

Sadly, I think we all get overwhelmed with day to day life and sooner or later something has to "give".

We tend to have a warped sense of priorities though. Taking care of everyone else. Our spouse, our kids, our boss, our dog, comes first, and then, if there is time left over, we take care of ourselves....but there is never time left over.

I strongly believe a paradigm shift is in order if you are not viewing yourself as priority number one. If you don't see yourself as number one then your health is what will suffer in almost every way imaginable.

Putting yourself first can be hard. Quite honestly I had to get up at 5AM this morning to do it, and that is not uncommon. I like to take care of myself FIRST so it is all out of the way.

I am not suggesting that we all get up at 5AM. That may not be who you are, but I am suggesting you find a way to make yourself number one.

Perhaps it means that there are other things that don't get done. People will survive. They may bitch but they will survive. 

Sometimes though, I just become more efficient. Something I spent three hours on gets done in an hour because I don't have the time. The end result is usually about the same.

I gave myself twenty minutes to do this blog, for instance. It may mean there are spelling errors. I am pretty sure you won't shoot me for it. 

So my words of wisdom for the day are: Make yourself number one!

Now if you will excuse me...I have six million things I have to get done today and my time is up.

Be healthy!

Alan

3 comments:

Tania said...

I read somewhere that "we always make time for the things we find important to us".

Procrastination is also a killer of time. We can spend 10 minutes thinking about how much we have to do instead of just getting up and getting it done.

Right, last coffee for me and then I will get off my lazy butt and start my day!

Thanks for the inspiration Alan!

Unknown said...

How true that is. I am really bad with procrastination. If I have a million things to do I will get most of them done, but if I have five things to do I will keep putting it off and nothing gets done.

I think that is one of the reasons I overfill my life. I have to make sure I am busy to stay "pumped" about getting my deadlines met.

Soooooooo glad you made contact. It is awesome to hear from you again :-)

Alan

Anonymous said...

The dog should come before the spouse!!!!!