Friday, February 25, 2011

Are we all on the same cycle?

Each week I have a group of friends, primarily from outside of Canada, who report on their weight results for the week. It helps us to keep us in check...that is when we are doing well.

It seems to me, however,  that we may have found our own "cycle". We go up and down together in terms of motivation. Hey, females can get on the same menstrual cycle, I am convinced men do too...so why not the same weight loss cycle? Anything is possible.

When things are good, on Thursday mornings I see a whole bunch of messages about how people's weeks were. Since it is five hours earlier in the UK I look forward to reading these messages as soon as I get out of bed.

Yesterday morning...not a single person had posted a message. Nothing changed by evening so I sent a message looking for updates. I must admit I was just as guilty. I hadn't posted a message either.

My update message produced a couple of responses. One person had a great weight loss, and said where he wanted to get to in terms of weight but followed up his goal with the words "...and that's achievable if I don't tire of it". Another said "I'm quite bored". Others didn't respond at all or had more general postings on their facebook page that read "Glum glum glum... That's how I feel...".


What happened?! 


I too felt like I was off the track and only just pulled myself back in line when I started the P90X fitness program three days ago. We were super motivated as a group but we may also be slipping as a group. 


This is dangerous. Group condolences for slipping can lead us further down the wrong track.


In my humble opinion, boredom is the most dangerous state of mine. We all feel that way at times, but it can send us down the wrong path before we know it and the next thing we know we have undone months of hard work. 


If boredom is clicking in for you too, I suggest change. Just like I said in my blog a few days ago...you have to change something to kick start yourself. It might not even be your diet. It might be cleaning your house! Anything to make things feel "new" again.


If you don't change something, nothing will change....boredom has the highest conversion rate to fat of all things on the planet. I have scientifically tested this at least 100 million times.


So we need to re-motivate and get ourselves back on the right cycle.


The P90X program is doing it for me. What is going to do it for you?


DO NOT PUT OFF THIS QUESTION. If you are slipping you have worked way too hard to allow it to slide.


Be healthy!


Alan









2 comments:

cdp said...

Thank you for this!

As usual - you are right - something is going to have to change!

Cxx

Unknown said...

Yes....and now :-)