Friday, February 18, 2011

Would I Lie To You? - I'M AFRAID THE ANSWER IS YES

I have lied to you.

Well...maybe LIED is a little strong. Perhaps "mislead" is a better word.

Remember last Friday when I said I was going to close my eyes and pretend I was in Mexico?

Truth be told...I actually WAS in Mexico. So when I said I was going to pretend I was sitting on my terrace looking out across the pool to the ocean...I actually was.

Why did I lie? For security reasons.

When we went to England and Scotland last summer I posted every day of my journey on the blog. I could do that because someone was running our B&B.

This time, however, our B&B/House was sitting empty and I didn't think it would be a very wise idea to post that I was away on vacation so anyone could rob me.

So forgive me...I lied to you.

I did have an absolutely amazing time. It was a last minute decision to go (we decided Monday afternoon we were leaving at 3:30AM Thursday morning) as we got a great deal with friends (yes...the friends I blogged about).

The trip was cheap, the resort was all inclusive, and there were no disappointments.

I did eat too much though..."all inclusive" can be a very dangerous thing. I usually go on 2 - 3 week vacations and this one was only for 7 days so I thought: How much damage can I really do in one week? I now know: About 12 pounds worth. Man I gain weight fast. I do know why though.

No worries. It is back to reality.

I am not going to freak out. I am going to be good today, I have a fun "Movie Night" with friends that I am not going to stress about tomorrow. Tomorrow, I will once again have fun, and then it is right back to healthy again.

Vacations are part of life, and this is a lifelong journey. So I am not going to go and get all worked up about the damage...just get back to REAL life.














Be healthy!

Alan

8 comments:

catdip said...

ALAN - have had your eyebrows done? lol (I hope not! - remember that that is one step too far!!!) xxx

Unknown said...

LOL..I have not...promise...it is just natural beauty :-)

Unknown said...

oh crap....I guess I sort of did...not plucked or anything but the last time my hair was coloured he put a bit of dye in them.

Anonymous said...

When I grow up I want to be just like you! Mexico looks wonderful!

cdp said...

Ha - I knew it! You cannot try and pull the wool over my eyes!!!! hehe

Unknown said...

I guess that expression is rather fitting :-)

Pamela said...

I wondered when you did not show up to WW class and I did not hear from you afterwards. I have to admit I was getting a little worried about you.

Good for you for getting away - looks and sounds wonderful.

See you Wednesday???

Unknown said...

Unfortunately No. I WILL weigh in Wednesday because I have to, but I will have to do it in Toronto as a really good friend is coming in from out f town this Wednesday and staying over at our place. I will be back the following Wednesday FOR SURE though!

Alan